Prerequisite: Basic Training in elasticity and a proficiency building models, solving (linear analysis) and post-processing.
This advanced 1-day course is designed to achieve the following objectives:
This course has a 40 minute lecture presenting an overview on capabilities and functionality in StressCheck Composites. The remainder of the time is hands-on, building and solving problems covering a wide range of practical applications.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the StressCheck Composites GUI and pre- and post-processing capabilities for performing detail analyses for composite structure.
- How to create laminate-orthotropic material property records and assign them to element sets in Cartesian or cylindrical coordinate systems
- How to use Mapped Laminate material assignment to align ply orientation with the general curvature of an element
- How to use the Automatic Lamination wizard to build ply stacks and assign the stack to a set of elements
- How to construct parametric models of typical composite joints and details (e.g. T-stiffened skins, bonded lap/scarf joints, Pi-joints, etc...)
- How to model singularities (e.g. ply terminations, adhesive run-outs, etc...)
- How to use the Failure Criteria interface to combine mechnical and thermal strains
ESRD offers training on-site (at your facility) or at our facility. For more information about the course, pricing, or to schedule a workshop please request training information.
Back to Training Workshops