StressCheck Tutorial: Displacement-Controlled Buckling Analysis
Abstract: Steps for computing a critical buckling force (Pcr) from a displacement-controlled loading on a column with fixed/fixed end conditions. The steps are as follows:
- Fix the in-plane directions at the loaded end.
- Apply a constant imposed displacement of arbitrary value at the loaded end.
- Solve an eigenvalue buckling analysis.
- Extract the resultant force Fy at the loaded end using the linear elastic solution.
- Scale Fy by the buckling load factor computed via the eigenvalue buckling solution.
Related ESRD Resources
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“An advanced modeling and analysis tool for complex composite structures is generating benefits across the aerospace industrial base. StressCheck® [Composites] is widely viewed as the next-generation composite joint strength tool.”
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)