StressCheck Tutorial: Displacement-Controlled Buckling Analysis
Abstract: Steps for computing a critical buckling force (Pcr) from a displacement-controlled loading on a column with fixed/fixed end conditions. The steps are as follows:
- Fix the in-plane directions at the loaded end.
- Apply a constant imposed displacement of arbitrary value at the loaded end.
- Solve an eigenvalue buckling analysis.
- Extract the resultant force Fy at the loaded end using the linear elastic solution.
- Scale Fy by the buckling load factor computed via the eigenvalue buckling solution.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“StressCheck® is the work horse for NAVAIR Structures’ detailed stress and stress concentration calculations. This software also is the basis for our development of a Structural Analysis Management System.”
Dr. David John Barrett, HeadAirframe Technology Branch, NAVAIR