With the Heat Transfer Solver, you can solve thermo-elastic problems with ease by switching between heat transfer and elasticity on the fly. In StressCheck®, a linear heat conduction analysis can progress to a nonlinear analysis—seamlessly.
Heat Transfer Solver
Seamless to us means no re-meshing, just changing the model with a click of a button.
The Heat Transfer Solver supports linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions. Also supports radiation and temperature dependent materials. Temperature-dependent material properties can be specified as a formula or as tabular data. The computed temperature distribution can be used in a very convenient way for computing the load vector for thermo-elastic problems. Simply solve the heat transfer problem, switch reference/theory selector from Heat Transfer to Elasticity, apply constraints to the model and solve.
Key Features and Advantages
StressCheck®‘s unique hierarchic modeling framework makes it easy to pass from a linear heat transfer analysis (convection) to a nonlinear heat transfer analysis (radiation). Simply apply a radiation boundary condition and use the Non-Linear Solver.
- Applicable to planar, axisymmetric and three-dimensional problems
- Predict problems with linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions.
- Radiation and temperature dependent material properties
- A thermo-elastic problem can be easily simulated by applying a Heat Transfer Analysis temperature distribution to the same mesh in elasticity as a thermal load.
- Simply select the Heat Transfer Analysis solution as a loading condition and StressCheck® will automatically apply the thermal distribution to the mesh
Recent News & Events
Virtual Product Development capability is becoming an asset in many companies. A company’s ability to do virtual validation depends on CAE resources and an ability to do repeatable, reliable and robust CAE at all phases of product development. It is essential that a Governance System be put in place to take advantage of the virtual capability.
Mr. Ravi DesaiDirector, CAE & CAD, American-Axle & Manufacturing