StressCheck®’s Linear Elasticity Solver allows you to test ideas before building expensive prototypes. This can be achieved by validating the model and verifying the result independently of each other through virtual experimentation.
Linear Elasticity Solver
Formulate the model.
Verify the model.
Validate the result.
The Linear Elasticity Solver is the initial building block of the seamless hierarchic modeling framework that constitutes the foundation of StressCheck®. Sequential linear elastic solutions are obtained automatically by increasing the polynomial level of the elements, and subsequent advanced analyses use linear solutions as a basis.
Key Features and Advantages
- Solutions can be obtained by p-extension and adaptive-p methods with convergence-based criteria
- Allows for easy verification of results without mesh refinement
- It is simple and easy to extend a linear elastic solution to higher p-levels
- Includes support for multi-body contact analysis, with no inherent limit on assembly size
- Solutions on the order of 50 million DOF or more can be computed
- Provides product development professionals with the most widely used and needed analysis capabilities for structural analysis
- Identify problem areas and test ideas virtually before building expensive prototypes and experimental fixtures
- Powerful and extensible – this is the prerequisite module to run advanced analysis types (e.g. nonlinear, margin check, cold-working, modal/buckling)
- Supports planar (plane stress, plane strain), extruded, axisymmetric, and 3D elasticity analysis
Recent News & Events
“StressCheck® is the work horse for NAVAIR Structures’ detailed stress and stress concentration calculations. This software also is the basis for our development of a Structural Analysis Management System.”
Dr. David John Barrett, HeadAirframe Technology Branch, NAVAIR