Strategies for the automation of durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) solutions, driven by Sim Apps designed for the computation of FEA-based total beta factors, will be explored.
October 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm EST
Introduction to Fracture Mechanics for DaDT Solution Automation
This webinar is now available to watch on-demand.
In this pre-recorded 2 hour webinar we will discuss the creation of Sim Apps for the automatic generation of complex, solution-verified 2D and 3D beta factors via the integration of StressCheck®'s parametric FEA engine, the Windows Component Object Model (COM) and Microsoft Excel VBA.
In Part 1 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- 3D StressCheck® Fracture Mechanics demo
- Overview of linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM) parameters for fatigue crack growth: SIF’s, J-integrals and beta factors.
- Computation of LEFM parameters in StressCheck®.
- Beta factor compounding pros and cons.
- FEA-based total beta factors.
- Why use StressCheck® for LEFM?
In Part 2 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- What is a Sim App? And how can they help DaDT analysts?
- StressCheck®‘s COM API
- Sim App Case Studies for DaDT
- Live Sim App Demo
WATCH THIS WEBINAR
Part 1: E2E Demo, Overview of LEFM, FEA-Based Beta Factors
Part 2: Sim Apps, StressCheck® COM API, Sim App Demo
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
When performing parametric structural analysis, ESRD’s p-element StressCheck® FEA software is always my preferred choice due to the excellent solution quality, parametric framework, and superior computational efficiency. In fact, I recently used StressCheck® to generate stress intensity factors along a parametrically defined elliptical crack-tip across 3,000 unique geometric configurations. Considering multi-body contact was present and all simulations were performed using a laptop, this was a task well suited for StressCheck®.
Dr. Lee ZambinoResearcher, Villanova University