Strategies for the automation of durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) solutions, driven by Sim Apps designed for the computation of FEA-based total beta factors, will be explored.
October 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm EST
Introduction to Fracture Mechanics for DaDT Solution Automation
This webinar is now available to watch on-demand.
In this pre-recorded 2 hour webinar we will discuss the creation of Sim Apps for the automatic generation of complex, solution-verified 2D and 3D beta factors via the integration of StressCheck®'s parametric FEA engine, the Windows Component Object Model (COM) and Microsoft Excel VBA.
In Part 1 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- 3D StressCheck® Fracture Mechanics demo
- Overview of linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM) parameters for fatigue crack growth: SIF’s, J-integrals and beta factors.
- Computation of LEFM parameters in StressCheck®.
- Beta factor compounding pros and cons.
- FEA-based total beta factors.
- Why use StressCheck® for LEFM?
In Part 2 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- What is a Sim App? And how can they help DaDT analysts?
- StressCheck®‘s COM API
- Sim App Case Studies for DaDT
- Live Sim App Demo
WATCH THIS WEBINAR
Part 1: E2E Demo, Overview of LEFM, FEA-Based Beta Factors
Part 2: Sim Apps, StressCheck® COM API, Sim App Demo
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“Hearty congratulations to management and staff at ESRD on their 25th anniversary. The quality and capability of their software products are excellent. I hope that ESRD successfully continues for many more years with the fundamental principles of mathematical precision, numerical accuracy, and integrity in computational simulation.”
Dr. William OberkampfAuthor of Verification and Validation in Scientific Computing