Strategies for the automation of durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) solutions, driven by Sim Apps designed for the computation of FEA-based total beta factors, will be explored.
October 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm EST
Introduction to Fracture Mechanics for DaDT Solution Automation
This webinar is now available to watch on-demand.
In this pre-recorded 2 hour webinar we will discuss the creation of Sim Apps for the automatic generation of complex, solution-verified 2D and 3D beta factors via the integration of StressCheck®'s parametric FEA engine, the Windows Component Object Model (COM) and Microsoft Excel VBA.
In Part 1 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- 3D StressCheck® Fracture Mechanics demo
- Overview of linear elastic fracture mechanics (LEFM) parameters for fatigue crack growth: SIF’s, J-integrals and beta factors.
- Computation of LEFM parameters in StressCheck®.
- Beta factor compounding pros and cons.
- FEA-based total beta factors.
- Why use StressCheck® for LEFM?
In Part 2 of this webinar series, the following topics are presented:
- What is a Sim App? And how can they help DaDT analysts?
- StressCheck®‘s COM API
- Sim App Case Studies for DaDT
- Live Sim App Demo
WATCH THIS WEBINAR
Part 1: E2E Demo, Overview of LEFM, FEA-Based Beta Factors
Part 2: Sim Apps, StressCheck® COM API, Sim App Demo
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“Through the use of StressCheck® the A-10 Aircraft Structural Integrity Program’s (ASIP) Analysis Group is able to model more accurately the physics of fatigue crack propagation in critical aircraft structure. Through this tool we are able to model, analyze and predict failure of aircraft structure and then develop crucial inspection and maintenance planes to ensure the safety and sustainability of our nations warplanes. Without the analysis capability provided to us through StressCheck® we would not be able to provide accurate assessments of the A-10 structure to top USAF leadership.”
SWRI Research EngineerSouthwest Research Institute