Strategies will be explored for democratizing engineering simulations via Sim Apps which are: 1) based on the latest Numerical Simulation technologies, 2) available in Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) form, and most importantly 3) Simulation Governance-compliant.
July 29, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EST
Democratization of Simulation Governance-Compliant Sim Apps
This webinar is now available to watch on-demand.
When utilized by engineers without specialized training, simulation technologies (and Sim Apps) based on legacy FEA technologies struggle to deliver trustworthy solutions due to their inability to objectively measure & report solution quality, an essential requirement of Simulation Governance (Sim Gov). This uncertainty inhibits true democratization of engineering simulations. So what is needed?
In this timely webinar, we will discuss why it is essential that Sim Apps implement Numerical Simulation technologies which enable the practice of Sim Gov in order for the vision of democratization of simulations to be realized, as well as why it is important for engineering managers to get on the Sim Gov train sooner rather than later.
- This four-part webinar will be jointly presented by ESRD and Revolution in Simulation (Rev-Sim), and will explore the following questions and concepts:
- Part 1: What is a Simulation Application – Sim App?
- Part 2: Why is Simulation Governance compliance critical for the development and deployment of FEA-based Sim Apps?
- Part 3: What FEA technology is required to support the democratization of Simulation Governance-compliant, Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Sim Apps?
- Part 4: Demonstration of a Simulation Governance-compliant, FEA-based COTS tool supporting the A&D Industry for the democratization of engineering simulations (ESRD’s CAE-HB)
- LIVE DEMO: You will see a live demonstration of ESRD’s CAE Handbook, a COTS, Sim Gov-compliant Sim App based on ESRD’s StressCheck® Professional numerical simulation technology.
WATCH THIS WEBINAR
Part 1: Introduction & Sim Apps Overview
Part 2: What is Sim Gov Compliance?
Part 3: Sim Gov Compliant Sim App Demo - ESRD's MFAT
Part 4: Technology Requirements for Democratization of Simulation
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“At DST Group, we have effectively used StressCheck® over the last 10 years to determine accurate stress intensity factors. The results have been used to improve our residual strength and structural life estimates for aircraft in service with the Royal Australian Airforce, including C-130, P-3C and F/A-18 A/B. We have found it to be extremely easy to use and a very versatile code with which to create parametric models.
We have recently used StressCheck® to obtain improved stress intensity factor solutions (Improved stress intensity factors for selected configurations in cracked plates and Improved stress intensity factors for a single corner crack at a loaded fastener hole) for five key generic configurations. These transferable parametric results have been published externally. One specific example is the non-linear contact analysis of a cracked, filled fastener hole, with both fastener and remote plate loading.”
Dr. Manfred Heller, HeadStructural & Damage Mechanics, DST Group