Efficient Shaping or Reshaping of Complex 3D Parts Using Engineered Residual Stress
Abstract: A model was developed for solving the inverse problem of distortion.
- Significant improvement in overall shape of the validation part was observed.
- Demonstrated good predictive performance for the inverse problem of reshaping.
- The extreme distortion in a partially-peened state was predictable.
- The difference between the predicted final shape and the actual final shape was less than the difference between the actual final shape and the target shape.
- Demonstrated good predictive performance for the forward problem of reshaping.
Originally presented at the Residual Stress Summit 2017 in Dayton, OH.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“An advanced modeling and analysis tool for complex composite structures is generating benefits across the aerospace industrial base. StressCheck® [Composites] is widely viewed as the next-generation composite joint strength tool.”
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)