Numerical Simulation Series: Mechanical Contact
Abstract: In this edition of ESRD’s Numerical Simulation Series, the computation of mechanical contact via numerical simulation is examined in detail. Highlights include:
- The modified augmented Lagrangian algorithm for frictionless contact
- Mechanical contact implementation and examples
- Modeling of fastened structural connections
- The fastener and link objects
- Remarks on current modeling practices for fastened structural connections
- Model problems.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“As frequent StressCheck® users we rely on the capabilities and reliability of the program to complete our everyday jobs ensuring safe reliable flights of our aircraft. The layout of the program and documentation allow for a quick learning process and the support ESRD offers is second to none. They take the time to answer the most basic questions as well as working through complex problems to ensure the proper validation of results. The effort they make in satisfying their users needs increase the reliability, functionality, and capability of this great program.”
USAF EngineerHill Air Force Base