Numerical Simulation Series: Mechanical Contact
Abstract: In this edition of ESRD’s Numerical Simulation Series, the computation of mechanical contact via numerical simulation is examined in detail. Highlights include:
- The modified augmented Lagrangian algorithm for frictionless contact
- Mechanical contact implementation and examples
- Modeling of fastened structural connections
- The fastener and link objects
- Remarks on current modeling practices for fastened structural connections
- Model problems.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“Small errors in modeling can lead to substantial errors in joint performance prediction. To alleviate this problem, the CAI used the handbook functionality of ESRD Inc.’s (St. Louis, Mo.) trademarked StressCheck® P-version finite element software to develop reusable models of typical joints.”
Dr. John RussellComposites World Magazine