Traditional FEA vs. StressCheck’s Numerical Simulation Technology
Abstract: StressCheck is the only FEA tool inherently designed to simplify the task of separating errors related to modeling from errors related to numerical solution quality.
- Tedious mesh refinement vs. automatic convergence techniques.
- Ignoring vs. illuminating model input errors (e.g. sharp corners, ill-posed boundary conditions).
- Averaging vs. not averaging stress results across elements.
- Nodal-based vs. element based.
- Low-curvature vs. high-curvature elements.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“In the case of the through crack configuration, the comparison of experimental and StressCheck® derived geometry factors showed a close correlation and were an improvement to solutions provided in AFGROW at the time. Based on the results of this research, StressCheck® pin-loaded lug geometry factors have since been incorporated into the AFGROW software.”
Dr. Alten GrandtPurdue University