Traditional FEA vs. StressCheck’s Numerical Simulation Technology
Abstract: StressCheck is the only FEA tool inherently designed to simplify the task of separating errors related to modeling from errors related to numerical solution quality.
- Tedious mesh refinement vs. automatic convergence techniques.
- Ignoring vs. illuminating model input errors (e.g. sharp corners, ill-posed boundary conditions).
- Averaging vs. not averaging stress results across elements.
- Nodal-based vs. element based.
- Low-curvature vs. high-curvature elements.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“We have been having very good success using the P-Version finite element code, StressCheck®, to develop the 2-D solutions for two independent cracks in a plate. I have asked one of our AFGROW team members to model the plate and lug cases using StressCheck® and compare them to the existing AFGROW closed-form solutions. [He] modeled the cases several different ways to be sure that he was getting the best possible solutions. He has verified that the bearing load option in StressCheck® provides excellent results.”