Traditional FEA vs. StressCheck’s Numerical Simulation Technology
Abstract: StressCheck is the only FEA tool inherently designed to simplify the task of separating errors related to modeling from errors related to numerical solution quality.
- Tedious mesh refinement vs. automatic convergence techniques.
- Ignoring vs. illuminating model input errors (e.g. sharp corners, ill-posed boundary conditions).
- Averaging vs. not averaging stress results across elements.
- Nodal-based vs. element based.
- Low-curvature vs. high-curvature elements.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“A screening of existent commercial and non-commercial tools was carried out in respect to their fracture mechanics capabilities, their design abilities, implementation as well as their complexity. Although, there are many software possibilities, only those within the reach of the author were evaluated. This resulted in the selection of the commercial tool StressCheck®. The assessment of crack propagation on compact tension and two stringer specimens governed by the Paris and Forman regimes was satisfactory compared with experimental results using the material data from simple standard specimens.”
Lloren Llopart Prieto (EADS)Doctoral Thesis, "Modelling and analysis of crack turning on aeronautical structures"