The Laminate Cutout Analysis Tool (LCAT) computes the strain distribution around a circular, elliptical, or racetrack cutout in a composite plate subjected to biaxial and shear loading. Additionally, LCAT determines the margin of safety for strain and the orthotropic strain concentration factor.
Laminate Cutout Analysis Tool
Practically any laminate cutout shape, orientation and size can be solved.
From the simple and intuitive interface, LCAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a planar StressCheck® finite element mesh and provides solution verification feedback.
Key Features and Advantages
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck®, verified by p-extension.
- Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh, the strain fringe contours and the strain directions.
- Supports US and SI units.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results.
- Automatic computation of the laminate properties using CLPT given the lamina material and stacking sequence.
- The strain distribution around a cutout in the laminate composite being prepared for a repair.
- Margin of Safety calculation for the unrepaired cutout before sizing the repair patch.
- A simple and intuitive user interface allows input engineering data in pre-defined templates with step by step validation feedback.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“Aerospace materials scientists and structural engineers now have a new state-of-the-art software product called StressCheck®, which provides efficient and reliable analysis tools for composite bonded aircraft structures. A composites research team from the aeronautics industry, known as the Composites Affordability Initiative (CAI), has just completed an extensive study of current capabilities in the area of failure analysis tools for composite bonded joints. This study led the CAI team to unanimously choose StressCheck® as the software tool to replace as well as radically improve existing industry standard software currently used to size bonded joints.”
Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)