The Single Fastener Analysis Tool (SFAT) provides accurate computation of the joint stiffness, plate stresses, and fastener loads for single or double shear lap joints connected by a single fastener.
Single Fastener Analysis Tool
3D multi-body contact bolted joint analysis via a targeted Smart Engineering App.
Through a simple and intuitive interface, the user can provide engineering input data from which SFAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a fully 3D StressCheck® finite element mesh using its robust contact algorithm.
Key Features and Advantages
- Simulate 3D-contact with high quality results without having to build a FE mesh.
- Solution time is reduced from hours to minutes.
- Simplified user interface provides input of the appropriate fastener data in pre-defined templates with step by step validated feedback.
- Easy to Learn and Easy to Use. Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh and stress fringe contours.
- Supports single and double shear joints with washers, bushings, shims, protruding head or countersink fasteners, metallic or laminate composite plates.
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck®, verified by p-extension.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results
- Supports US and SI units.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“A screening of existent commercial and non-commercial tools was carried out in respect to their fracture mechanics capabilities, their design abilities, implementation as well as their complexity. Although, there are many software possibilities, only those within the reach of the author were evaluated. This resulted in the selection of the commercial tool StressCheck®. The assessment of crack propagation on compact tension and two stringer specimens governed by the Paris and Forman regimes was satisfactory compared with experimental results using the material data from simple standard specimens.”
Lloren Llopart Prieto (EADS)Doctoral Thesis, "Modelling and analysis of crack turning on aeronautical structures"