The Single Fastener Analysis Tool (SFAT) provides accurate computation of the joint stiffness, plate stresses, and fastener loads for single or double shear lap joints connected by a single fastener.
Single Fastener Analysis Tool
3D multi-body contact bolted joint analysis via a targeted Smart Engineering App.
Through a simple and intuitive interface, the user can provide engineering input data from which SFAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a fully 3D StressCheck® finite element mesh using its robust contact algorithm.
Key Features and Advantages
- Simulate 3D-contact with high quality results without having to build a FE mesh.
- Solution time is reduced from hours to minutes.
- Simplified user interface provides input of the appropriate fastener data in pre-defined templates with step by step validated feedback.
- Easy to Learn and Easy to Use. Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh and stress fringe contours.
- Supports single and double shear joints with washers, bushings, shims, protruding head or countersink fasteners, metallic or laminate composite plates.
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck®, verified by p-extension.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results
- Supports US and SI units.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
When performing parametric structural analysis, ESRD’s p-element StressCheck® FEA software is always my preferred choice due to the excellent solution quality, parametric framework, and superior computational efficiency. In fact, I recently used StressCheck® to generate stress intensity factors along a parametrically defined elliptical crack-tip across 3,000 unique geometric configurations. Considering multi-body contact was present and all simulations were performed using a laptop, this was a task well suited for StressCheck®.
Dr. Lee ZambinoResearcher, Villanova University