The Single Fastener Analysis Tool (SFAT) is a Smart Engineering Simulation App providing accurate computation of the joint stiffness, plate stresses, and fastener loads for single or double shear bolted lap joints connected by a single 3D fastener.
Single Fastener Analysis Tool
Through a simple and intuitive interface, the user can provide engineering input data from which SFAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a fully 3D StressCheck finite element mesh of the desired bolted lap joint model using its robust multi-body contact algorithm.
Key Features and Advantages
- Simulate 3D-contact with high quality results without having to build a FE mesh.
- Solution time is reduced from hours to minutes.
- Simplified user interface provides input of the appropriate fastener data in pre-defined templates with step by step validated feedback.
- Easy to Learn and Easy to Use. Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh and stress fringe contours.
- Supports single and double shear joints with washers, bushings, shims, protruding head or countersink fasteners, metallic or laminate composite plates.
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck, verified by p-extension.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results
- Supports US and SI units.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“Through the use of StressCheck the A-10 Aircraft Structural Integrity Program’s (ASIP) Analysis Group is able to model more accurately the physics of fatigue crack propagation in critical aircraft structure. Through this tool we are able to model, analyze and predict failure of aircraft structure and then develop crucial inspection and maintenance planes to ensure the safety and sustainability of our nations warplanes. Without the analysis capability provided to us through StressCheck we would not be able to provide accurate assessments of the A-10 structure to top USAF leadership.”
SWRI Research EngineerSouthwest Research Institute