ESRD offers complete engineering consulting services including proposal preparation, simulation methodology, mathematical modeling, and full documentation of the analyses performed. We have licensed Professional Engineers and Washington University School of Mechanical Engineering Professors on staff.
Consulting services include the use of classical hand analysis and finite element analysis methods to obtain the engineering value(s) of interest, either for a one-time analysis or captured in Smart Engineering Simulation App (SESA) framework. For information about fees and services, fill out our Request ESRD Consulting form.
StressCheck-Powered Sim App Development
ESRD will develop customized engineering tools powered by FEA (StressCheck-Powered Sim Apps) that can be stand-alone desktop applications or analysis tools that are deployed via Internet through web pages.
Not ready to develop a custom application but need to automate complex yet repetitive FEA analyses? ESRD will also work with your staff to develop custom scripts and workflows using languages such as Excel VBA, Python and MATLAB.
Request ESRD Consulting to learn more about the many different types of applications developed by ESRD, or to discuss an application development contract for your business needs. Previously developed StressCheck-Powered Sim Apps include:
- Single Fastener Analysis Tool (SFAT)
- Multiple Fastener Analysis Tool (MFAT)
- Laminate Cutout Analysis Tool (LCAT)
- Crack Propagation Analysis Tool (CPAT)
- Bolted/Bonded Plate Analysis Tool (BPAT)
- Automated 3D Crack Beta Curve Development via Smart Sim Apps
- Standardization and Automation of DaDT Solutions via FEA-Based Sim Apps
- Excel VBA Script for Scaling/Reversing Load Records
- COM Wrapper for a Stress Gradient Extraction
Customer-Driven StressCheck Features
Users are encouraged to request enhancements to ESRD software products at any time by filling out the Request for ESRD Support form and checking the “Feature enhancement” box. Provide your enhancement request in the Message.
Enhancement requests will be assigned a priority based on the general interest of the ESRD software product user community and implemented when time and resources are available.
If an enhancement is of particular importance, it is possible to have the functionality added to ESRD software products in a timely manner by funding a development contract. If the requested feature is of sufficient interest to the general ESRD software product user community, ESRD may consider rebating the cost of the development back to the contractor in the form of rebates or discounts to be applied to future purchases of ESRD software product licenses.
ESRD has responded to many customer enhancement requests, a few of which are listed below:
- COM API
- Automated Coldworking Analysis
- Thin Solid Elements
- Margin Check Analysis
- Laminated Properties in Cylindrical Coordinates
- J1 Failure Criteria for Composites
- Global/Local Analysis
- Incremental Theory of Plasticity
- TLAP (Total Load at A Point)
- Automatic Lamination
- 64-bit Batch Solver Utility
- Subsurface Residual Stress (SRS) Module
- Bulk Residual Stress (BRS) Module
- Force/Moment Method
- Autocorrect Option for TLAP Bearing/Bearing
- Ignore Moments/Offsets (IMO) Option for TLAP Bearing
- TLAP Cross Section Option
- Multi-Body Contact Solver Settings
- Multi-Body Contact Results Plotting (Gap/Pressure)
- Extraction of Plastic Strains in Results
- Crack Front Automesh Method
- Automatic Integration Radius for SIF/J-integral Extractions
- Mixed Element (Hexa/Penta/Tetra) Support
- Thin Section Automesh Method
- TLAP Parameter Scaling Option
- Offline Documentation
Want to Request A Consulting Quote?
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“As frequent StressCheck users we rely on the capabilities and reliability of the program to complete our everyday jobs ensuring safe reliable flights of our aircraft. The layout of the program and documentation allow for a quick learning process and the support ESRD offers is second to none. They take the time to answer the most basic questions as well as working through complex problems to ensure the proper validation of results. The effort they make in satisfying their users needs increase the reliability, functionality, and capability of this great program.”
USAF EngineerHill Air Force Base