Hit the play button to view this video. You may maximize the video to fit your screen.
StressCheck Tutorial: Multi-Body Contact Analysis of a Block and Half-Cylinder
Abstract: indenter-style problem of a block and loaded half-cylinder in multi-body contact is analyzed. The following tips and best practices will be explored:
- Optimization of geometric surfaces for efficient multi-body contact.
- Creation of contact zones on optimized surfaces.
- Selection of the appropriate contact constant based on configuration (area in contact, material properties, load magnitude, etc).
- Cancellation of rigid body translations/rotations.
- Multi-body contact solution setup.
- Assessment of final gap for penetration.
- Assessment of contact pressure gradient continuity.
- Assessment of load transfer via stress resultant extraction.
- Mesh refinement with mixed boundary layers to improve contact pressure gradient.